First, to give credit where it is due - that quotation about standards was
the work of Andres (Andrew) Tannenbaum, who coined it in around 1995.  ( I
have used it many times in talks and presentations).  He's Dutch, and a
fairly big name in the internet standards world.

But, to the matter at hand:

Poshi, the determination of which classification system to choose
should primarily be based on (a) your collection and (b) your
clientele.  In some ways LC is overkill and in other ways underkill for a
small specialized, focused collection.  Good as LC's "B" , "BM", and
"BS"  (Religion, Judaism, and Bible) sections may be, they're not as
sensitive to Judaica as Elazar is.

[Although I have always been amused about how the Library of Congress
assigned the initials "BS" to mean Bible... someone with a sense of humor.]

I agree with Daniel Rettberg, the UC Davis argument is spurious.  Go with
Elazar.

Ted