Thanks to Steve for bringing this to our attention.
I would like to know if the writer of this "entry"
provided bibliographical references.

At Library School we were taught that encyclopedias are compilation of facts,
not of opinions. One exception was the Great Soviet Encyclopedia and
its revisions.

However, when it comes to Jewish subjects, lies -- repeated often
enough -- become the truth.
See for instance The New Testament, a best seller for two millennia,
and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a best seller since the
beginning of the
20th century.

Aviva Astrinsky
YIVO

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]