Somewhere on Shadow Earth, at Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 10:26:05AM +0100, Robert
Rothenberg wrote:
<snip>
> You can let your web browser remember passwords for you, but remembering
> values for forms has a lot of other hate: the last time I checked, Firefox
> did a crap job of encrypting master passwords; and remembering form values
> over https also allows it to remember credit card numbers.

That is only helpful if you only ever surf the web with *one* computer, using
only one browser. I surf from any of about six different computers, depending on
where I am and what I am doing, and using about nine distinct browsers. I admit
that I am atypical in that regard, but this is one of the chief reasons I find
website accounts hateful.

--
Timothy Knox  <mailto:t...@thelbane.com>
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.