On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 05:31:20PM -0700, jrod...@hate.spamportal.net wrote:
> Yes, trivial software with a price tag is hateful.  Don't use it,
> okay, I don't.  But I hate it so much that the mere *existence* of the
> crap is enough to piss me off.  Large involved software with a price
> tag does not offend me.  I fully understand the work involved.  Hello
> world, ten bucks please?  Die.

I think what frustrates me more is that I have to find, write, or buy a
program to do trivial things on windows rather than splat a few lines of
shell/awk/sed/perl.  the unix toolset mentality doesn't appear to exist
in windows, where one-off "utilities" seem the norm.

OSX still has unix underneath, but it's more of a chimera that just
happens to be able to do unixy things.  the integration between the unix
and the aqua/cocoa faces still seem a bit awkward, pushing the $5
utilities for dealing with the GUI end.

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agr...@poofygoof.com
    The United States is the one true country.  The US is just.  The US