Dave Hodgkinson <daveh...@gmail.com> writes:

> On 16 Aug 2007, at 10:07, Denny wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 00:42 -0700, Sean O'Rourke wrote:
>>> Dear SideTrack,
>>>
>>> I've used you for about three years now.
>>
>> Then pay for it.  Next?
>
> What he said.

Ooh, sorry!  Neither of you wins the fabulous dinette set, but
you're still eligible for our amazing consolation prizes.

Here's an analogy.  Say you want people to wear seatbelts.  You
might:

    (1) Install a buzzer that go off for 10 seconds after a car
        starts unless the driver's seatbelt is fastened; or
    (2) Install a buzzer that never shuts off while the buckle is
        undone; or
    (3) Disable the ignition while the driver's seatbelt is
        unfastened.

IMAO (2) is no more effective than (1), but far more annoying,
and therefore hateful.  But really, this is getting into
hates-people territory, and we've spent too much time there
recently.

Sean