On Fri, Jan 09, 2009 at 04:46:12PM -0800, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> Fortunately, OS X comes with the built-in ability to turn Caps Lock into a
> modifier key.  Unfortunately they felt the need to bury it under a button in
> the otherwise empty Keyboard preference.

Unfortunately they also forgot to include any way of remapping the rest
of the keyboard.  It would be Really Handy for me to be able to press
Something-o to get the oe ligature, something-a to get the ae ligature,
something-t for thorn, something-d for eth and so on.

The default mapping of alt-[letter] seems to be almost entirely random -
some keys give a greek letter, some a scandiwegian thing, some give
symbols.  I'm sure this was useful to someone.  Once.  Twenty five years
ago.  But it should be configurable.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

You can't spell AWESOME without ME!