On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 2:19 AM, David Cantrell <da...@cantrell.org.uk> wrote:

> And while we're on Apple Hate ...
>
> Tiger won't send my shiny new LCD monitor to sleep properly.  The
> screensaver kicks in fine, then a few minutes later the screen's
> backlight turns off - but then a few seconds later comes back on.

Possibly fixed in Leopard, which seems to have fixed a bunch of
problems while introducing others.

Leopard love: Automatically recognising me switching between laptop
and plugged-in-keyboard desktop use, and remapping modifier keys to my
preferences without any assistance.

Leopard hate: Sometimes launching X11 for no apparent reason when
adding/removing external monitors. Oh, and breaking the window
placement API in such a way that ForgetMeNot (fab little pref pane
which monitors and updates window placement between monitor
addition/removal) is broken to the extent that the authors tried to
fix it for months and have now given up.

-- Yoz