On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 08:28:39AM -0800, Joshua Rodman wrote:
[...]
> They're still insisting you don't want two buttons. The trackpad on the
> macbook pro i have, that I use every day, would be infinitely better if it
> had two damn buttons.

System Preferences -> Trackpad -> One Finger -> Secondary Click.

(This might be new to Snow Leopard.)

> That said: X11 as above with its nonsense middle click crap is so very
> very hateful.

One fine feature of Ubuntu's default desktop is where the click to focus a
terminal also selects some random text, clobbering the stuff that I was just
about to paste into said terminal. And the wondering whether an app uses
X11-type marking by selecting text, or whether it's Mac/Windows-style with
Ctrl-C.