El 08/08/10 22:23, Bradley escribió:
I'm writing a new app that uses a custom gem not publicly available on
gemcutter, or anywhere for that matter.  I'm building both the app and
gem with Hudson CI, then I'd like the app pushed to heroku by somehow
installing this gem and pushing.

I'm a bit confused as to how I might do this.  Do I want to bundle
package?  Will heroku then install the gem from vendor
automatically?

How do I have environment specific dependencies that work with
Heroku?  For instance while in development, i want to use my local
gem, but in Hudson I want to package the locally built gem from
hudson, then push my app to heroku.

I don't want these gems available publicly which is why I'm looking
for a good way to package the gem for my Heroku app to be able to use
it appropriately.

Doe this make sense?  Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciate.

**setup**
Hudson 1.368
Git 1.5.6.5
Bundler 1.0.0RC2
Heroku Stack bamboo-mri-1.9.1
Rails 2.3.8

If you're using bundler, you can just push the gem file along with the rest of your app.