If you could package a custom SSH pub/private keypair with your Gemfile, you
could then:

1) Add that pub key to Github
2) Set the :git source in the Gemfile for your private gem to point at your
private SSH Github URL.

However, I don't believe Bundler supports having an embedded public/private
keypair. It would be an interesting patch, though.

Currently, I just script/plugin install --force my private plugin from
Github every time I update it, which I hate.

- David