On Aug 10, 2010, at 2:51 PM, Bradley wrote:

> Fetching g...@github.com:myuser/mygem.git
>       Failed to add the host to the list of known hosts (/home/
> group_home/.ssh/known_hosts).
>       Permission denied (publickey).
>       fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>        [31mAn error has occurred in git when running `git clone
> "g...@github.com:myuser/mygem.git" "/disk1/tmp/
> 11105_23612559740460/.bundle/gems/ruby/1.9.1/cache/bundler/git/
> mygem.gem-ff17e89eb8ea82cbae23a3129c9eefc29d94db65" --bare --no-
> hardlinks. Cannot complete bundling. [0m
>       FAILED: Have you updated to use a 0.9 Gemfile?
>       http://docs.heroku.com/gems#gem-bundler
>
> It's odd that it's asking about 0.9 Gemfile but I assume this is just
> a consequence of the failed gem fetching.  So does anyone have any
> suggestions as to how I can allow Heroku to pull this gem?  Is there a
> key for the Heroku 'group_home' user that I can add to my repo?

Hi, Bradley --

Perhaps enabling ssh's ForwardAgent setting will do the trick. (This means
you'd be allowing Heroku to connect to GitHub as you. The internet says this is
potentially dangerous, in that you have to trust Heroku's servers not to do
anything evil with your credentials.)

Syntactically, you'd add something like the following to your ~/.ssh/config:

  Host heroku.com
  ForwardAgent yes

...and then try your deploy again.

All the best,  -- Matthew