On Aug 12, 11:13 am, Donna Simonds <roadscr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
 This may not work for my situation, but I will forward this info
> to our growing numbers of homeless in this country that are pretty much going
> ignored. I have friends and even
> family living in these tent cities. They get out daily and find work so they
> are able to buy their own materials and
> refuse to accept money from me.

Where are these tent cities specifically?
I really want to know this information.

If people can winter in Yurts and Tipis, they can live in a *framed*
hexayurt style structure.
People also sleep in fabric tents..on mountains...in blizzards.

There is only so much snow that can fall on a building before sliding
off or melting.
"Normal" cabins (and houses) collapse from snowload too. They are not
magically immune.
Then you are in *more* danger due to the heavy weight of building
materials over your head.
I lived in Northern NY near Tug Hill. Believe me, I've seen snow on
houses.

With foam boards:
http://youtu.be/24PUItu5PZE

Without foam boards: