Yes, this is awesome stuff... as my wife would say "great
craic<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craic>altogether!!"

I like the foldout.jpg you sent me. I think I will make something like that
instead of my crappy ascii art.

I did see that pdf you sent as well somewhere before, but lost it; thanks
for the reunion! This time I really looked at the angles. So far, I've been
using the approach of using my 32deg (thanks for that too!) guide on every
angle, but it seems that might be the ticket for *every other* angle. For
each flat face:

 do NOT       ^
 miter this  /|\
  side  ->  / | \ <- miter this side @ 30deg for 150deg angle
           /  |  \
          /   | <-\--- do NOT miter the center hinge
         /____|____\

  do not miter the outer edges
  miter the top square (and equilaterals) @30deg instead.

Because all the angles between boards need to be about 150, my ~30deg guide
should do the trick. That answers my question too, because I should only be
doing mitering one side of each join. I'll have a bit if inaccuracy here
and there, but I'm sure my mitering is going to blur that .5 to 5deg margin
of error pretty quickly.

That explains why my 1:4.8 scale proto has too much space on the inner
gutters of the quads; both hypotenuse angles are mitered. Interestingly
enough, I did not miter the outer edges of the quads but I did miter my top
square. That is a near perfect fit. That should have clued me in.

YAY!! I have my answer. I will begin production in mid-June, after a bit of
a "wedding season". I will add my full documents here too, just in case
anyone else wants to have a nosey.

Thanks!!!