I've been very successful by covering the bi-filiment tape with an opaque
metal foil tape. This gives the strength of the bi-filiment with the
durability of the metal. I overtape the bi-filiment to ensure a good bond
for each joint as I find the bi-filiment has a very poor adhesive. I also
found (through bitter & wet experience) that to have a waterproof structure
the tape must be pressed into every fold & crevasse of the panels. The
panels are not really flat and every fold in the foil will channel water in
a rainstorm. I think a spray sealer of some kind would be useful to help
waterproof the yurt but I haven't tried it.

My last hexayurt was 6' tall at the sides and 10' tall in the middle. It
also folded but not in as neat a box as you describe.

chasomatic