Yeap, K-hinge name comes from MikeP (
http://rotordesign.com/bm/category/yurt/page/4/) and does involve some
sewing machine time ;) but of course glue serves the same purpose with
vinyl.

Your 5/8" x 1" guide gives 32 degree angle, which should be close enough to
30 :)

Question is what sides are you mitering? That neargeodesic thing looks
really scary and I would not be surprised if not a lot of those angles were
similar or even nice integers...
In fact the original paper by Harris seems to confirm that:

http://www.tilings.org.uk/Hexayurt_Family.pdf

That looks like some messy math :)

You could label all the miter sizes on your foldout - it helped me a lot
when doing the actual cutting for my yurt:

http://www.appropedia.org/File:Foldout.jpg

but yours is a lot more involved...

Awesome stuff!

Vladimir