Apparently today is 'someday'. I have uploaded a brief video I shot on
the playa showing off my vinyl+velcro hexayurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1MiKiIaf9Q

Although not mentioned in the video, I completely forgot to attach the
velcro on the roof peak. So the top of the roof isn't being held
together by anything at all. But, despite that it was still very
sturdy. I never felt like it was in any danger of going anywhere. I
think that is because I beveled the edges and strapped it down tight
with the racket straps. The straps+bevel cause the thing to stay up
nicely via compression. I feel like there is no chance that the velcro
would come undone by itself. It required significant force to undo it
on purpose in the direction it is designed to come apart. All the
tension put on it by the yurt is trying to pull it apart sideways,
which is much harder.

I used 6" wide strips of vinyl with copious amounts of contact cement.
The cement did soften a bit. I'll bring barge glue this time in case I
have to do any touchups.

I have other videos of the construction process somewhere. Perhaps
they will also appear on another someday.

- jeremy