I wouldn't even thinking about buying HL2 (or any other game that is) if it
was that I have to pay to play online.
I know how many time goes into developping a game, I know how much into
maintaining one. But I just can't get myself to pay every month a fee to
just play a game...

At 12:55 1/09/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Personally, I would place a monthly subscription fee in the same
>catagory as pay-as-you-play. The only real difference is the billing method.
>
>Regarding recuring revenue, the mod community provided recuring revenue
>  to Valve through a seemingly endless variety of mods which helped keep
>player interest in HL. This gave an impetus for purchasing HL long after
>the its initial release. Subscription fees would be a real wet blanket
>for HL2 multiplayer gaming.

G00fy, (aka KaReL, aka Steven)

Main Webpage : http://komma.cjb.net
CQ Database  : http://lid.fragland.net/