Hello mod,

mm> There are suggestions floating about that once Steam and HL2 get going
mm> that HL2 will move to a pay-as-you-play billing format for online play.
mm> I wouldn't have give this much thought, except that the slide show
mm> presentation at the Game Developers Conference in 2002 listed this as a
mm> feature of Steam. It seems a little unlikely that Valve would add the
mm> feature to Steam if there were no future plans to use it.

mm> Would someone at Valve like to clarify if this is in fact the case?

I doubt, most users dont have a VISA card. Hehehehehe... Its
PlanetSide a gigantic sucesfull history?

Other reason:
Dont want to play something that is actually for free, and will
continue for free.

Other reason:
Dont want worst ping. Actually have good pings.

Other reason (smaller):
You mantain a servide, that is new for videogames companys. Actually
tecnicall service from some videogame campanys is crap.

Other reason:
Maybe bussines man want to evolve to a Hollywood design. Film once,
sell everywere forever. With payp you really film every day, If the
service crash, users remove.

But.. he? Who knows!

maybe the source of this rumor is valve itself to test the response
from people :D

My english is crap.