From: r00t 3:16 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: May 18, 2005 11:57 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlcoders] Why do the ladders work smooth in hl2 death match but
not the sdk?

Subject sum's it up..
I try a ladder in hl2 death match and it is smooth as as be.
No jerking on dm_lockdown map

I install a fresh copy of the hl2mp sdk compile,
run dm_lockdown go to the same ladder and get on it and it is jerky..

Once you get people in the server with the hl2mp sdk it really jerks badly
going up or down ladders.

Does anyone know why the hl2 death match code works fine but the hl2mp sdk
does not?

When using cl_showpos 1 on the ladder in Half Life 2 Deathmatch the z
position doesn't not move at all.
and your velocity is bounces from 0.03 to 0.00

In the hl2mp sdk z position bounces about 0.60 up and down and your velocity
bounces from 1 - 8 and you aren't moving.

Is it a bug of some sort with the sdk ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have spent about 2 hours trying
to figure it out.... I thought it could of been my code but after doing some
tests it is the hl2mp sdk code in general. I have not tried it with the MP
SDK though ....

r00t 3:16
CQC Gaming
www.cqc-gaming.com