Maybe a NULL pointer?  Or not using memory correctly when working with char*
type objects?  One way to look into this is to run the game off VS 2003 in
debug mode and view the call stack when the game crashes.  That way you can
see what caused the problem.  If you need help seeing the call stack, write
back here.