My .qc file has this
===================================================-
$animation a_RunSE runSE startloop 0 LX LY alignto Idle rotateto -135
$animation a_RunE runE startloop 0 LX LY alignto Idle rotateto -90
$animation a_RunNE runNE startloop 0 LX LY alignto Idle rotateto -45
$animation a_RunN runN startloop 0 LX LY alignto Idle rotateto 0
$animation a_RunNW runNW startloop 0 LX LY alignto Idle rotateto 45
$animation a_RunW runW startloop 0 LX LY alignto Idle rotateto 90
$animation a_RunSW runSW startloop 0 LX LY alignto Idle rotateto 135
$animation a_RunZero "man_run" loop
$sequence Run {
 a_RunS a_RunSE a_RunE
 a_RunNE a_RunN a_RunNW
 a_RunW a_RunSW a_RunS
 blendwidth 9 blend move_yaw -180 180 node "running"
 ACT_RUN 1
}
Then again, I am using halflife 2 single player mode.. not multiplayer...