On 2010-07-21 17:45, Tom Edwards wrote:
That simply isn't true. If another user of the computer owns HL2 then the GCFs
will be there, and I expect most of them will be there if the HL2 demo is
installed too.

Requiring HL2 to be installed makes your whole effort redundant anyway! It's
already on Source 2009 (though evidently not exactly the same version since it
won't mount GCFs).

HL2 is on the Source 2009 engine, indeed, but HL2 mods are not. Our project is simply porting HL2 mods to this engine.