Alien Swarm:

Protocol version 7108
Exe version 7.1.0.8 (swarm)
Exe build: 10:58:16 Jul 19 2010 (4272) (630)

TF2:

Protocol version 15
Exe version 1.1.0.0 (tf)
Exe build: 16:21:09 Jul 16 2010 (4269) (440)

And I don't own L4D2. The protocol version is different but the build numbers are very close...on what grounds are you saying L4D2 branch?

Since L4D2 is coming out on Mac at some point it may be that Source 2009 is a merge between the two offices' trees.

(It turns out that visibility isn't a problem BTW: it's done simply by running VBSP with -alldetail.)