 - ScarT

From: Jan Hartung
Sent: ‎Friday‎, ‎July‎ ‎5‎, ‎2013 ‎7‎:‎54‎ ‎PM
To: 'Discussion of Half-Life Programming'

An update on this: when I compile the demo project and load it up, it works.
With our mod, I can still type commands into the console, although it’s just a
white rectangle. Obviously the engine still knows where the controls are and
what they oughtta do. Anyway, I can start a game with the command “map
<mapname>”. Ran the game with console logging, so I now know that our gamerules
are being loaded and installed just fine, our models get preloaded and so on.
The thing is: even after the map has loaded I still see the main menu
background and the white rectangle that is the console. I’m starting to believe
that I must have made a minor mistake in maybe just one of the classes. Looks
like the game just has no target to draw the menu and actually rendered world
on. Any help on this would is appreciated.

Jan