On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 01:24:12PM -0700, James Bowling wrote:
> Well, since we are stating what we do for a living...I am a Network Engineer
> at a Datacenter in Downtown LA and I would also like to pose a question to
> your response.  How many people live across the street from a CLEC?  Not
> many that game if you look at the entire picture.  And still, 80-90ms is
> crappy anyway...ask any network guy.

Termonolgy time!

LEC = Local Exchange Carrier (aka The Phone Company)
CLEC = Competitive LEC (the new kid on the block)
ILEC = Incumbant LEC (the old fart, or ma bell's love child)

LEC CO = LEC Central Office, that's where your phone lines actually
go.  From there on out they are switched in a big ol network.  The COs
are usually owned by the ILEC and parts are rented out to the CLECs.

And yeah, 80ms is sucky for gaming.

--
Hexis
www.hxxl.com