On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 01:28:10PM -0700, James Bowling wrote:
> Actually, he is almost on point.  There are no SLAs with DSL.  And I think
> that the distance issue is created for most people because most gamers
> probably don't live within 1000 ft of the CO.

Really, no SLAs on DSL?

A google search on "SLA DSL" turned up a few hits:

http://global.mci.com/ca/customer/sla/dsl.xml?SetLang=en
http://www.earthlink.net/about/policies/biz_sla/
http://www.dsl.net/legal_sla_sdsl.php

That was just on the first page.

I can't think of any residential/consumer grade services that have an
SLA.  They may be out there.  That does nothing to reduce the fact that
DSL is just as good of a connectivity type as any other.  Better in
some ways, worse in others.  The bandwidth is going to be there on any
healthy network.

Here in Qwest land the 1.5/1.0 standard service is stable at full speed
to far more than 1000 feet from the CO.  And yes, the 1.0 up is nice
and rock stable.

--
Hexis
www.hxxl.com