um, no, it's not complete BS!

Regards
----- Original Message -----
From: "Spartibus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 12:06 PM
Subject: RE: [hlds] VAC Update?

When I want to play I go thru 5 servers before I find one w/o Blatant
hackers.

That's complete BS. I pub at least once a day, and NEVER (and I mean
EVER, not even in 1.3) did I go into more than 2 pubs in succession that
had blatant cheaters in them.

Your assumptions are BS as well. 3/4 of the entire CS population,
cheaters? It's FAR, FAR less than that. You are exaggerating pretty much
everything you say.

The only possible way I can see you going into 5 servers and having a
**BLATANT** hacker in every one of them is if you join ONLY insecure
servers. Why? Because insecure servers basically allow any and every
cheat to work (and at full potential), period.

You probably don't know this because you've never used cheats before,
but VAC SEVERELY limits what cheats can do. I've used cheats before
(hah), and let me tell you the difference.

Insecure Servers: You can practically see people from spawn to spawn
(wallhack), people are always on screen.

Secure Servers: A lot of times the only time you see someone behind a
wall is if you see them out in the open first, and then go behind the
wall. Other times you have to rely on them making noise or moving a lot
in order to be seen behind the wall. Also, you usually can't see them
from that far away, and the cheats are limited hugely by this (obviously
it's still an insanely huge advantage, though).

VAC has more purposes than just catching people cheating, it serves as a
wallhack block as well.