TSC has not ever really been SMP safe, but I suppose Microsoft hacked
a way to do it :)

I wish sleep(1) would actually sleep for 1, not to 1.95

At 06:07 PM 4/8/2006, Steven Hartland wrote:
Just trying to determine if using the external utils would have the
same effect
as removing the recently added thread affinity call. As if this is the case it
would seem to make sence to remove it as otherwise thousands of admins
will have badly performing servers without knowing why.

I presume the issue at hand is some sort TSC synchronization issue which
affects calls such as QueryPerformanceCounter / KeQueryPerformanceCounter.

In addition if it is, there is a hotfix ( KB896256) for this available from MS
which should fix this so it may not be something that Valve need to fix.

This is all supersision as I dont know the exact details of the original issue
which was fixed by adding the thread affinity call but dont know unless
you ask :)

   Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Affordablegameservers.com" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please don't try to rush the programmers. Rushed code has very unexpected
effects/consequences.

This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd.
and the person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of
misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying,
printing or otherwise disseminating it or any information contained in it.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission
please telephone (023) 8024 3137
or return the E.mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]