From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wim Barelds
Sent: Thursday, 13 April 2006 10:59 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Counter-Strike: Source update released

--
[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] Could you give me the
specifics of the servers you run? Since the plugin is required in several
leagues and I have yet to hear a single complaint about crashing, it's likely a
platform specific issue. Having more information about the systems that it
seems to have issues with would help me towards possibly finding / fixing the
issue.

As for error handling, it's hard to 'handle an error'
that, as far as I'm aware, isn't even occuring. Ask other server providers such
as Whisper, he'll also tell you that zBlock runs perfectly stable.

On 4/13/06, Ian mu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --
> [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] You're welcome to
> that feedback. I'm just giving mine from people who have no idea what
> the error messages are as they give no indication that its zblock at
> fault. Hence probably why no-one thinks there's any problem with it
> and why you think everything is good (always cunning).
>
> 90% of the people we get coming to us think its Valve, as soon as we
> remove zblock its fine. Now that _could_ be outdated versions, but 1)
> it shouldn't make the server crash under _any_ circumstances and 2)
> you should give a clear indication its zblock and not some random
> error that takes mind readers to figure and not Valve.
>
> You really do neither properly.
>
> Fortunately for us, we are now used to the problems with zblock after
> so many occurances with its errors and can relatively quickly point
> people in the right direction to the best fix.
>

> On 4/13/06, Wim Barelds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --
> > [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] So far, i'v only
> > seen people have problems with outdated versions of zblock, beyond
> > that, I have yet to receive any real negative feedback. With most
> > european leagues using it, both australian leagues using it, and
> > next season of CAL using it's codebase, I can definitely say that
> > the good feedback easily outweighs the bad.
> >
> > On 4/13/06, Ian mu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > --
> > > [ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] Heh, someone who
> > > admits to being co-creator of zblock? Had so many
> > fecking
> > > issues from people using zblock breaking servers its not funny.
> > > First thing we do now when there's a problem with someone screwing
> > > up a server is
> > ask
> > > if
> > > someone has added zblock, 99% of the time its yes and the fix is
> almost
> > > instant, no doubt people can guess what that is.

> > player
> > > weren't

> > change
> > is
> > > if
> > > connect,
> the
> > i'll

> > not
> > manually
> breaking

> problem
> > the
> it
> > display
> > update
> > > is
> todays

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Hostworks Message Scanning Services