First question: I'm not sure, but the auto_vacate may be for when the server is
approaching capacity.  Play around with it a bit?  Any Valve employees want to
comment?  Anything in the wiki about this?

Second question: Have you tried setting it at a lower quota? (8 or so)

Dan

"Michael R. Matheson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: This is a multi-part message
in MIME format.
--
Here is what I've observed.  When both -maxplayers and bot_quota were set to
16, teams would be 7 vs. 8.  By changing -maxplayers to 18 and keeping

I've discovered something else that doesn't seem to work or make sense to
me.  I appreciated the explanation of the differences between normal, fill
and match for the cvar bot_quota_mode.  My understanding is that in normal,
you should always have the number of bots specified by bot_quota.  And in
fill, you will have the number of bots specified by bot_quota minus any
human players that join.  In other words, you will always have a mixture of
bots and humans that total the bot_quota setting.  First question:  Wouldn't
"fill" be the same as using bot_quota_mode normal and bot_auto_vacate 1?  I
don't see a subtle difference here.

Second question:  bot_quota_mode match doesn't seem to work.  My
understanding was that when a human joined, one bot would join to "match"
him.  When I had bot_quota set to 16, I would get 16 bots.  If I eliminated
the bot_quota variable, I would get no bots.  How do you properly use the
bot_quota_match setting?

Thanks again.