So if I get this right the srcds.exe and all the other bin files for TF2
will be located in the orangebox folder? And that the games in the orangebox
folder will also be using the materials and models of the other games
outside the orangebox folder located in the root of the server instalation?

My current TF2 instalation is like this:

root
-hl2
-orangebox
--tf