Well, if you don't mind starting the lobby every time you want to play
(which, if you ask me, is not a big deal), then, yes.

You simply set the sv_search_key on the client & server, and start
your public lobby in versus mode each time.  Granted, this isn't
necessarily a public server at this point, but just a public lobby you
start every time you want to play versus.  It certainly would
guarantee you a spot in a versus game on your server.

Apart from that, no.  And I'm glad, because as someone else pointed
out, it's rude to do so with a public server.

-Joe