Although people might game the system, I assume that there will be one or more
sanity checks, and that bans might not be 100% automatic.  If anything this
system gives Valve a smaller list of servers to look at/look into to see if
their behavior warrants a delist.  One of the problems with trying to police
such a large and ever changing population is narrowing down your search.

Its unreasonable to think that valve has the time and man power to check
every server out to see if something sketchy is going on. If they took the
worst 1% (or even the worst .1%) and evaluated them they could remove a great
deal of the problem servers with a much smaller amount of time invested.

Since they did not specify what the grounds for actual blacklisting would be
I think its entirely possible that you'd need to have multiple negative days
before any sort of action was taken, as long as this sort of information is
a secret I think that gaming it by either side (rogue admin trying to stay
under the cap, or determined group of players trying to delist someone)
would be too costly (as far as time required) for it to be worth doing.

I think the most important point raised by all of this is that there will
be blacklisting, and that in itself decreases the desire for people to try
to do things such as run fakeclients.  Sure some people will still try to
'cheat' and gain an advantage, but as long as there arent false positives
I'd rather have less of those people listed than do nothing about it.