The whole idea is rather strange. I would call it an attempt to
measure a spherical horse in vacuum. If server is interesting to
players - it is full. If server is not interesting or unfair to
players - it is empty. It is as simple as that, no need to reinvent
the wheel.

Players do not join empty servers so there is no point in delisting
any servers based on some artificial rank which should reflect whether
players like server or not because empty servers are empty already
(players don't like it, remember that?) and we already have a "has
users playing" option in server browser which is on for most players.

You want to fight servers with fake clients or broken game experience?
No problem - just give players one large button in server browser "do
not show this server to me ever again" so it becomes player's
decision, not some else's (we are VERY concerned with player's comfort
and freedom of choice, remember that?).

Don't want to bother players with extra buttons in UI and still want
to fight fake clients? No problem - check number of players reported
by server against number of SteamID validated by this server and if
where is major difference then delist server.

Personally I consider this idea as a waste of resources and potential
source of problems for server operators. It may be an interesting
extra bit of Steam stats but nothing more than that.

Regards,

Roman