That doesn't change that the Backburner is supposed to (full) crit 100%
of the time from behind, the Axetinguisher is supposed to (full) crit
100% of the time if they are on fire, and other weapons like the
Ambassador and Sniper Rifle do consistent crits. I'm not at my gaming PC
to test but I'm sure if a Medic with the Kritzkrieg ubered someone and
they shot at someone currently Jarate'd, they'd only get the half crits
too.

My point is that the half crits are taking precedence over full crits,
which devalues some of the weapons.