I only ban those that refuse to follow the rules, and my ban list is quite
small. Those that can't control their potty mouth don't usually hang around
for long. The rest of us don't have a problem with it.

One of admin mods default plugins has a swear filter, or actually a word
filter because you can add any word you want the list, and it gets replaced
with ****. I wanted to take it a step further, because I got tired of seeing
"**** you" all the time. I ended up modifying the sank sounds plugin to kick
the player when they say certain words. That worked real well - players
learn real fast that on my server, you control your potty mouth or good bye.
The end result is a server where most of the regulars control their tongue,
and where those teens that don't swear and don't want to hear it (yeah, I
know there aren't that many out there, but there are some) can come here. My
girls can play there without hearing the usual fu arsehole etc etc.

What is funny is a while ago someone took my private beach map (it's not
mine, actually - but I run it 24/7 and I've heavily modified the entities)
and started up an EU server with my name and map, but without the swear
filters. Want to play private beach but want to be able to swear? Come to
Ooks Private Beach EU server and curse to your hearts content!

My server kept packing in the peeps, their server sat empty. They finally
took it down because no one wanted to play there. Go figure :-)