I personally don't care if someone runs their mouth (unless they are
intentionally stirring the pot and offending players and admins) -
however racial slurs are generally not acceptable (one would hope), so
such means might be useful in that case. Racial profanities will
easily get you slapped with the ban-hammer on my servers.

However, for this to be a productive discussion, maybe instead of
debating WHY, we should discuss the HOW - how someone who might be
interested in implementing anti-profanity measures would be able to do
so effectively.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM, msleeper <mslee...@ismsleeperwrong.com> wrote:
> I knew you would chime in with your astonishingly intelligent remarks
> (always followed by a smiley face) and I'm glad you did; these two
> things are in fact pretty much the same issue. You clearly don't
> understand why someone doesn't like players doing X on my servers, but
> it's also not required that you do understand it. X can be as trivial as
> I, the server operator, want it to be.
>
> I don't get why he thinks swearing is considered bad, and you don't get
> why I think idleing or farming is bad. But neither of us have to
> understand.
>

> On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 13:31 -0800, Phillip Vector wrote:
>> Yeah. it's not like he's running some kind of list of people he feels
>> are cheaters and making it seem they deserve to be banned from all the
>> servers for something like idling.. I also bet he isn't setting up a
>> server just to catch said idlers either. :)
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:15 PM, msleeper <mslee...@ismsleeperwrong.com>
>> wrote:
>> > But as I said, your rules are your rules and that is A-Okay with me. I
>> > don't care what other people do on their own servers, and since I don't
>> > play there it doesn't matter if I understand why you want to control
>> > peoples' language in an M rated game. It's your server, more power to
>> > you.

-Mark