Yeah this kind of thing I consider a 'minor' violation. Similar to someone
winding up on a Saxton Hale server and it's on a stock map. It'd be really
hard for them to actively monitor for this. Fake players on the other hand..

I've sent several reports to Fletcher about some servers and he has
acknowledged that they're indeed looking in to it, but I've got to wonder
if they are, because I have no idea how a community can violate this policy
with such active highly ranked servers for so long and get away with it.

Not to derail the thread though, but I guess what I'm getting at is if Fake
Players takes as long as it does to be acted upon then you can guarantee
yourself that a spawn modification will take that much longer. I don't
really "fault" valve for it as they have so many reports to act on, but
popular communities who have grown to such a level and have been reported
so many times shouldn't be allowed to continue doing what they've been
doing.