Olsen, it sounds more to me like you've been building your community for a
while, possibly even before Quickplay and have a very solid group of
players. Nowadays, most veteran TF2 players have their own community
servers they visit. I'd wager a guess to say it's nearly impossible to
build a server from the ground up at this point in TF2's lifetime without
Quickplay.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "it's not impossible" as modifying
the respawn times with Quickplay disqualifies you from it completely. So
yes, it is impossible. I think that's the problem he has with servers being
able to modify Quickplay tag with WoZers plugin (That doesn't modify the
tag) and his servers. He's saying he'd like to just be Quickplay capable
and modify the respawn timers without a plugin.