I think that these plugins that Todd posted are really breaking the rules of quickplay and the owners should be punished accordingly. They might not do it willingly, might have just grabbed a plugin and now know about the rules of quickplay. Then again, if they registered their servers to receive traffic, they will know about the rules too. So, there should be made a check which of these servers that use these 2 plugins are using it as is, without setting the tag. Those plugins do not set the tag and they have been disproved for it.

Also, it's not so easy to keep server populated after quickplay came in. A lot of custom map servers and over 24 slotters took a big hit. Even if you have regulars, there never isn't going to be enough of those in every area and some regulars have gone, what is replacing them is new players through quickplay and that is impossible if there are more than 24 slots (penalty is too high) or custom maps (no traffic while they are on, except through server browser). So those people that cheat with the plugins and faking tags are winning. I don't mind competition but servers breaking the rules - it's hard to compete against them. It means less players for rest of us, while the rulebreakers get players through quickplay despite having modified respawn times with plugins that don't set the tags.

-ics