Although an interesting idea, some community based websites (not Steam
community, I mean actual server community) may use at least JavaScript,
e.g. jQuery for a fancy design, or perhaps even to identify statistics of
the players connecting to the server (I use Google Analytics). If Valve
must do something, then it should be something that won't be a detriment to
the existing ideas out there that utilise the MOTD, such as the in-game
radio plugins. Valve could just simply block plugin access to the MOTD if
the webpage currently loaded in the MOTD is recognised as a Pinion
advertisement.