What about something similar like before where valve servers had an
advantage over community servers with new players being sent to them (due
to the valve server score boost)?

Except this time just make it so all new players get sent to valve servers
by default. And then after a certain amount of hours played it either
defaults to all servers or pops up a message asking if community servers
should be included and explaining a little bit about the other quickplay
options and how to access them.

I talked to plenty of players who weren't aware that quickplay search can
be customized or that you need to click on the gear icon to bring up
respawn times and yet they're not even aware of this functionality being
part of quickplay. Or perhaps that's on purpose and maybe that's the reason
why the icon is so tiny...