I think there are several reasons Valve has stopped listening about this
issue....first and foremost because some of the largest communities took it
upon themselves to encourage their members spam the dev's in-boxes with
complaints. A few hundred of those, and I'm sure they simply started
filtering anything with the word "quickplay" straight to the trash bin.

Having said that, I DO think there were so many more elegant ways that
problem servers could/should have been handled - the best of which would
have simply been to fix the client server blacklisting system to work with
quickplay (i.e. once a player blacklisted a server, they would no longer be
sent there via quickplay).

It is certainly sad to see so many years of creating unique content and
special events for TF2 be ignored in favor of doing the "easy wrong" over
the "hard right"....but I think the TF2 team is largely only in
"maintenance mode" at this point, and the time and effort it would take to
implement a truly fair and balanced system that gives equitable treatment
to community servers while putting the power back into the palyer's hands
is probably more work that they think it is worth.

It's a pity, really. Valve led the way in creating community involvement in
their games, but it seems they are going the route of nearly every other
developer out there, and slowly but surely "locking down" their games to
emphasize the "vanilla" experience. I have no doubt in another year or two,
real custom content (i.e. new maps and game modes) will rarely be found at
all.