To be honest the new quick play rules don’t even seem to be followed at all, An
example being Skial now kicking people to make room of reserve slots  if they
so happen to dare to block ads when the server is full.

From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of E. Olsen
Sent: 06 February 2015 02:11
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Rethinking the community quickplay ban

The thing is - the solution is as simple as can be. They don't need to
re-invent the scoring system, add server grouping, or even more server
penalties.....all they need to do is have a truly functional blacklist system
that works across the board on a player's client (i.e. a server that is
blacklisted will not appear in that player's server browser OR quickplay
destinations).

That small change alone would do what should have been done in the first place
- put the decision(s) about the quality of a server back in the player's hands.
Truly bad servers would naturally lose traffic over time, and the good ones
would rise to the top. Doing that would allow players to once again discover
custom maps & game modes that are currently effectively hidden from them, AND
give them the power to prevent themselves from ever being connected to a server
they didn't like.

The problem with any kind of automated system is that there are always those
folks who will figure out a way to game them - but players know a good gaming
environment when they see it, and that's where the judgment should lie - with
the players where it belongs.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 7:04 PM, 2xcombatvet <2xcombat...@gmail.com