At 10:56 7/18/2002 +1200, you wrote:
>I was actually thinking this on the way home lastnight, except not so
>much hacking, more faking the communication between a server and the
>banlist server.
>
>Now sure its not going to be easy, but it would be possible to write
>code that simulates a CS server using vac, and then sends the same data
>back to the banlist server that is sent when a user gets caught cheating
>and added to the list.

Why bother "simulating" anything.  Spoof source addresses of real
servers.  And since its UDP I dont think theres any handshaking involved.

And you have the code that will encrypt the WONid locally (the server
code), and you can sniff the outbound packets trivially.  Why cant you spam
the master list?

All I can say is please think this one thru guys....
(But I guess they are, its "testing" at the moment).

Brad

Brad Gould, Network Engineer
Agile Communications Pty Ltd
31 York St [PO Box 284, Rundle Mall], Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           http://www.agile.com.au
Phone: +61-8-8232 1234       Fax: +61-8-8232 4567