Hi Guys,

We're thinking of replacing our current Pentium 4 2.66GHz server with either
a Dual Xeon 2.66GHz, or a dual AMD Opteron 240 (1.4GHz). I've been trying to
search for reviews that have pit the low-end Opterons with the mid-range
Xeons, but I've not been able to find anything useful.

At present the cost of a dual Xeon server is very close to that of a low-end
dual Opteron, and I'd just like to ask if anybody has had any success with
running the 64-bit HLDS binaries. Which chip runs better?

One little gripe would be that we're still running a few CS1.5 servers as
well, but planning ahead and looking a little into the future we're
seriously considering that the Opteron has something to offer in the long
run.

Anybody with real-world results that could help me to make a decision?

Regards,

Christopher Choo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fragnetics