-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt H.
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 11:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Opteron and Xeon Server Comparison

It's been shown that hlds runs better on AMD processors. I would go for the
Opteron its a 64/32bit processor . Even though the clock speed is lower its
still a faster processor ie since its 64 bit and yadda yadda yadda.

Matt H.

On Tuesday 18 November 2003 08:44 am, Christopher Choo wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> We're thinking of replacing our current Pentium 4 2.66GHz server with
> either
 a Dual Xeon 2.66GHz, or a dual AMD Opteron 240 (1.4GHz). I've been
> trying to search for reviews that have pit the low-end Opterons with
> the mid-range Xeons, but I've not been able to find anything useful.
>
> At present the cost of a dual Xeon server is very close to that of a
> low-end
 dual Opteron, and I'd just like to ask if anybody has had any