->-----Original Message-----
->From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
->[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
->dual_bereta_r0x
->Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 12:09 PM
->To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
->Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Opteron and Xeon Server Comparison
->
->Kevin J. Anderson wrote:
->> who knows.   Valve were pretty clear about getting awesome performance
->> differences on them before, the only reason I think that.
->
->The really amazing thing is VALVe ever have awesome performance
->differences, while we have bullshit performance on our day-by-day basis.
->

Yep, that is the truth.  It makes you wonder, really.   Then again, I really
think it has a lot to do with different versions of different libraries,
glibc, and so on between different distros and versions of said distros....
Its honestly one of the failures in linux, when you want a performance
intensive, closed source app to run the same across all these different
libraries etc, its just hard I would imagine?  or am I incorrect in that
regard, which I may well be, considering I am NOT a programer in any
respect...

kev