Someone was surprised a couple days ago when I asked about a bug, it
is
because this list can become "verbose", I don't read every post fully.
Having something like this filter out the flame wars would certainly
help.

We are actually working on something internally that may enable this,
but I don't have a solid timeframe on it right now.

I reckon moderating this list would be an interesting experiment, if you
could find some of the 'list veterans' that would be willing to moderate
it (I wouldn't be due to time constraints but I'd certainly be happier
to see some of the dross filtered out).

-- dave