-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of J T
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:40 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] l4d Dedicated server notes

Right now I don't xen gameserver's so I wouldn't be able to tell you
much.
Perhaps I should take the single core2duo quad core out and install
ubuntu
and xen and see how it works. I know xen is actually apart of the linux
kernel, which I think is a bit better performance wise than ESX. If
someone
has time to do it and try out both it would be interesting to see the
results.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Rick Payton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I didn't think people would want to hear our virtualization discussion
> :P
>
> Basically, I stated what I was running under ESXi, and how much I
liked
> it, and he stated what he runs under Xen, and how much he enjoyed it.
>
> Nothing really that pertains to game servers, other then I guess the
> fact I run (Hawaiian Samurai) / manage (GamerzSociety.com) a few game
> servers under both ESXi & ESX (respectively) with no complaints.
>
> Sorry? If you got the hardware (CPU support, and SATA RAID adapter
> support), and want to "play" I would venture to suggest trying it out.
> Xen, works with more (much more) hardware, but I have no idea about
game
> server performance under it - JT would most likely be better able to
> answer that.
>
> mauirixxx

Patrick
> Shelley